Wakulla County School District achieved the status of a District Accredited system in 2006.
- Wakulla County had the first accredited Pre-K program in the state of Florida.
- Wakulla County was one of the first school systems in Florida to be fully accredited, Pre-K- 12th grade.
- Wakulla was the fourth school system and the first rural school system to achieve District Accreditation in the state of Florida.
District Accreditation is awarded when a school system is proven effective in the following areas:
- Purpose and Direction
- Governance and Leadership
- Teaching and Assessing for Learning
- Resources and Support Systems
- Using Results for Continuous Improvement