Instructional Resources for Teachers
The below resources are in addition to the online textbooks and software programs that are supported throughout the district and can be used by any teacher to help with instruction.
- Educational Technology Clearinghouse Provides free pictures and other resources for projects
- Florida Electronic Library Online resources for elementary, middle school and high school needs.
- FSA Games FSA Games is designed to reinforce the skills your students have gained throughout the year.
- Kids.gov A safe place to learn and play
- National Geographic Kids National Geographic Education
- PBS Kids Watch videos, create comic strips and more!
- SAS Curriculum Pathways
- Hot Chalk Free Lesson Plans
- Microsoft Lesson Plans
- WatchKnowLearn.org Lots of videos and resources
- Copyright and Fair Use Information
- Commonsense Media Links to Copyright posters and information and links to educational resources and games.
- Cyber Surf Island A game created by the FBI that teaches important cybersafety tips and rules.
- Think. U. Know - an internet safety program that has training for adults as well as a program for kids to learn about online safety. The section for kids has how-to guides, games and tips on online safety
- Digital Safety - a more general informational guide to internet safety but has specific sections on common safety concerns; it covers social media use, keeping kids safe online, cyberbullying and password security.
- Elementary Comprehensive Health Education Toolkit
- Secondary Comprehensive Health Education Toolkit
Instructional Services Menu
Curriculum and InstructionInstructional Services
Response to Intervention RTI
Wakulla Innovative Education
Just Read, Florida! for Educators
Instructional Resources for Teachers
Parent ResourcesJust Read, Florida! for Parents
Reading Scholarships Account
Florida Standards Assessments
Additional Instructional Resources
- Learning.com - http://www.learning.com - Provides keyboarding lessons for K-8th graders.
- Dance Mat Typing - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing - Includes levels of typing and starts with hand placement!!
- ABCya - http://www.abcya.com/
- Big Brown Bear - http://www.bigbrownbear.co.uk/keyboard/ - Provides a free keyboard and times students as they press the right keys
- Literacy Center - http://www.literacycenter.net/play_learn/letters_en/typing_en_uc.php - Click on keyboard and students can practice typing the alphabet
- Typing Web - http://www.typingweb.com/ - A free online typing and keyboarding website
- Computer Basics - http://www.gcflearnfree.org/computerbasics - Provides basic computer definitions to help you learn about technology
- The Florida Center for Reading Research This site explores all aspects of reading research. It includes information on PMRN/FAIR as well.
- Reading: Graphic Organizers for Reading Comprehension
- Graphic Organizers from TeacherVision
- PDF e-book of 32 vocabulary lessons
- The First Key to Unlocking Complex Text: A Generative Vocabulary
- Informational Texts from the Center for Urban Education
- One-page Student Passages from TextProject Website
- Word Pictures to accompany vocabulary and comprehension instruction from TextProject Website
- Oxford Owl More than 250 free e-books. Students can print, illustrate and construct their own pictures books and play games
- Wonderopolis Each day, this site explains a new "wonder" of daily life such as why zebras have strips.
- Infoplease Encyclopedia, Almanac, news articles
- Open Library Provides hundreds of free eBooks including some Common Core Exemplars. You can create a free account.
- Professional Development on the use of Primary Sources From the Library of Congress
- Readworks.org (K-8) A variety of passages with questions. Each passage shows the passage Lexile. Free, but requires registration.
- The Writing Site
- The New York Times Learning Network Access to news stories and information on current and past history
- Microsoft-World Wide Telescope Zoom in on places around the world or in the sky to get a closer look.
- PBS Learning Media Search on Social Studies and find many helpful videos.
- Day by Day Events Lists events that happened on any particular day
- iWasWondering Inspired by the middle-school biography series, Women's Adventures in Science, this site has brief biographical information and interactive games, including a virtual telescope.
- Science Materials The Wakulla County 4_H Program in conjunction with the University of Florida endorses and shares resource materials that support science and social studies topics.
- Science Netlinks The American Association for the Advancement of Science has interactive games, podcasts and science news.
- Just Science Now Provides effective questioning techniques and sample lesson plans that implement inquiry
- National Institutes of HealthCurriculum Supplements are interactive teaching units that combine science research discoveries with instructional materials. Each supplement is a teacher’s guide to two weeks of lessons on science and human health (elementary, middle and high school)
- The National Science Digital Library
- Resources for the 2016 Florida History Fair Sponsored by the Museum of Florida History, the Florida History Fair (FHF) is an annual, statewide activity that enhances the teaching and learning of history at elementary and secondary school levels.
- Science Fair Project Ideas, Answers & Tools
- Anatomy of the Human Heart
- Exploratorium | The Science of Cooking
- Understanding Flight Dynamics
- The 10 Best STEM Resources