Being a Title I, Part A school means receiving federal funding to supplement the school’s existing programs. These dollars can be used for…
· Identifying students experiencing academic difficulties and providing timely
assistance to help these students meet the State’s challenging content standards.
· Purchasing supplemental: staff, programs, materials, and supplies.
· Conducting parent and family engagement meetings, trainings, and activities.
Title I is the largest federal assistance program for our nation’s schools. The amount of money given to each school depends on the number of low-income families enrolled in the school.
Goals of Title I
· Increase academic achievement.
· Provide direct instructional support to students.
· Provide professional development for teachers.
· Promote parent and family education and involvement.
The main goal of Title I is to provide a higher quality education for every child.
Check out this Month’s:
Home and School Connection January 2019
Home and School Connection December 2018
(850) 926- 7155
Coast Charter School