Title I is a federally funded program designed to provide supplemental services to improve the achievement at schools with a high percentage of students eligible for free and reduced lunches. Title I initiatives must be closely aligned with School Improvement Plans.
To be eligible for school wide program status, a school must have at least 40 percent of the students qualifying for free or reduced lunch. Medart Elementary, Shadeville Elementary, Crawfordville Elementary, Riversink Elementary and C.O.A.S.T Charter School operate school wide Title I programs which serve all students in the school.
Title I recognizes the importance of parental involvement and provides opportunities for parents to participate in school activities. This program also provides opportunities for teachers and paraprofessionals to participate in researched based staff development activities based on the needs of the students. Check out the 2016-2017 Title I Parental Involvement Plan (if you have any comments/concerns regarding this plan, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org ).
In addition to attending Title I parent involvement activities, you can:
· Keep in touch with your child’s teacher through telephone or e-mail
· Participate in school-based events that are intended for attendance of all families (i.e. open houses, concerts, curriculum fairs….)
· Serve as a role model, showing your child that you support his/her progress in school
· Support your child’s extra-curricular activities
· Get involved with the school parent advisory council or PTO/PTA
Parent resources and links:
AR Book Finder
FDOE Family Involvement
FDOE Just for Parents